Monday, September 1, 2008

Free Concert

It's Labor Day and unfortunately I'm working today...oh well. My parents got into town yesterday, so it'll be good to see them for a few days this week, even if I am working nights now. We got to go to dinner yesterday in Virginia Beach. It was a seafood buffet and was alright as far as food goes. After that we headed to the beach front.

The American Music Festival was in town this weekend and had I got my tickets early, and wasn't working, I could've seen Billy Idol or the B-52's! Alas, I was not able to make it. However, they had free concerts along the beach, and last night I got to see the Cherry Poppin' Daddies! For free! It was a fun concert, though not a whole lot of dancing. There were a few couples, but they were a ways away and I didn't want to desert Dawn and my parents...but no worries, I'll get to go dancing eventually! Perhaps when the blues exchange comes around I'll make an appearance...

No comments: