Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Fair Lady

So it's been almost an entire month since I've been here and the time has flown by, I can't really believe it actually. I've been able to settle into work very smoothly thus far, granted we still have only been cleaning, bench focusing and hanging an electric a week. We've also been assembling our new PAR 64's! This means I get to hone my soldering skills, which were pretty dismal to begin with, but it's not been too terrible now that I've gotten some practice!

Oh! I'll be getting my 5th Red Cross certification card! I had 4 already from being certified for Disaster Relief, but now I'm trained in CPR and First Aid. The best thing about that was the company paid for the class! The instructor was kind of creepy, but you'll have that I guess.

We open our first show soon, and by soon I mean in a few weeks. We've discovered that almost, if not all of the running crew are women! We actually counted the number of males that we have on the production side of the staff...right now we're at 6 and soon to be 7 out of 21. This does not include Admin, but still, it's very odd to have that many women in one place in production...

Anyway, it's back to work for me!

1 comment:

Penjammin said...

:) quick you better form the union now while you still have the ratio!